The Vermont State Legislature’s website is THE source of information for the legislators, their support staff, the media, Vermont businesses, and the public.
When the Vermont Legislature is in session, content is updated continuously by two dozen content managers throughout the day. The website is mission critical.
When the Legislature engaged Bluehouse Group to redesign and rebuild their website, we were faced with a short timetable for a big project that could not be late: the legislators were scheduled to reconvene in less than six months. We quickly developed a work plan and we:
- Researched different kinds of users and their priorities
- Convened workshop sessions to get stakeholder input
- Reorganized large quantities of information to improve usability
- Analyzed existing systems and workflows
- Designed a fresh interface, built an entirely new website, and integrated it with existing systems
- Delivered commercial-grade architecture and code to assure stability, security, and maintainability
- Launched on time and on budget
The Bluehouse team took great satisfaction in improving government transparency and giving people inside and outside the State House better access to information.
Services: consulting and strategy, information architecture, user experience design, Section 508 Compliance, database development, website design and SOLR integration (indexing tool for PDFs).
"Our goal was to have it built by the beginning of the current session. It was an unbelievably tight deadline, from the beginning of the process to turning on a brand new website.
Bluehouse made that deadline, and the website is delivering what the state had hoped for and more. They did a phenomenal job, they were just wonderful."